Tuesday, December 4, 2012

So Behind... BUT!

I've been terrible since the move about getting on here. I hope that 2013 brings balance and a miraculous ability to schedule my time better. (And eat better. And exercise more... and a reality check.)

It better, because I bought THIS last week.
Yep - I'm moving on up in the world of sewing. Let's hope this is not too much machine for me. I did a lot of research but never actually laid hands on one. THAT might have been pretty darn stupid of me. Part of the reason I took the plunge was because my LQS (Loving Stitches) has mastery classes so I SHOULD be able to learn how to use all those new bells and whistles before the Army picks us up to move again. And I've been thinking about this for a couple of years. I love my industrial Singer... it's a workhorse... but I've proved to myself that this quilting thing is no passing hobby (unlike the two shelves of unused scrapbook supplies to my left suggests about OTHER hobbies I've picked up and put down).  

As for other projects...


My hexies are coming along. I think I've figured out what I'm going to do as far as a top so I can make some sort of end to the endless adding of flowers. I have this idea in my head - we will see if it translates or not.

I was also going to make this Advent calendar by Sweetwater but it didn't happen either. I had grand plans of good little candy treats or small toys mixed in with notes saying we were going to watch the Polar Express or go look at the lights in the Botanical Gardens but as December 1st came and went and I had not even started cutting fabric I reluctantly let that plan go. Maybe next year. Mostly importantly Boogie is happy with the $5 calendar from Walgreens. Maybe next year.

I think it's a good month to try to make things easier - not more complicated. Happy holidays to you and yours!

1 comment: