Friday, February 15, 2013

Quilt #3 and a Name

Here is top #3 for 2013. It gives me no end of satisfaction to be able to say I've got three quilt tops out of the way. It makes me happy.


While I was quilting this on my new machine I thought, "This will be my first Bernie quilt."
And just like that she had a name.

Bernie, my first Bernina.

I am not so naive to think that this could be my last new sewing machine, Bernina or not.



I also had to go back to the LQS today to drop off an extra foot that ended up in my box. And while I meant to only pick up a couple more fat quarters of Owlivia (humm, don't think I added that last week) for a new lap quilt for my little girl I ended up with four yards of Deb Strain's Meadow Friends

~ Week 7 WRAP-UP ~

In this Week: 7 yards
In year to date: 27 yards
Out this Week: 1.5 yards
Out 2013: 5 yards

Net totals for 2013: -22 yards
Net totals 2011-2013: -37.5 yards

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish! I've decided that the LQS is very hazardous to my stash report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finish. I too love my Bernina but she is named Janina. Who could resist those owls? They're too cute and you need insiration however it hits! So smile ;)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great fun happy quilt. You are going to love your "Bernie". Cute owl fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute quilt. Congratulations on your new machine. Bernie is a very good name for her. I'm sure your numbers will be out of the red soon with Bernie's help.

    ReplyDelete